Sunday, February 14, 2010

kaum nomad


i used to have difficulties when people asked me, "asal mana?" especially when i enrolled in SAKTI...

i'd be like, "errr~"

so, that time (SAKTI in 1999), when they asked me the question, i ended up telling the the story of my life...

"well... my mother is from Terengganu, while my father from Johore... they met while studying in New York, and i was conceived just before they went back to Malaysia for good... but i wasn't born there... hee~ my mother delivered me in Hospital Besar Kuala Terengganu... then we stayed in a few places in Terengganu before we moved to Kuala Lumpur in 1997... now i'm staying in Shah Alam..."

forgive me, ok~ for not knowing how to answer the question... 

i mean, if i answer Shah Alam... i just moved there for like 2, 3 months only... i didn't consider that place my "asal" yet...

KL?? stayed there for 2 years only, and i already moved to Shah Alam that time... so cannot laa answer KL...

and if i answered Terengganu, the next question would be, "Where in Terengganu?", and i would answer, "well~ i was born in Kuala Terengganu.......... my family now lives in Shah Alam..." hahaha...

eventually, i got tired of answering the "asal mana" question dengan panjang lebar to them... i ended up answering using this whole sentence, "my family now lives in Shah Alam." ... habis cerita! :p



for those who are so rajin to read & takde kerja lain nak buat, here's the "summary" of where i used to stay until now...

1985 : conceived in New York, USA... ngeh3~ penting ni!
1986 : born in Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu Darul Iman... lived at my grandparents' place... then moved to TNB Quarters, KT (couldn't remember what year... i was still little ok~)
1990 (i think) : moved to Chukai, Kemaman, Terengganu... i remember staying in 3 different houses in Chukai alone... hahaha...
1997 : moved to Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Kuala Lumpur... 2 houses! =p
1999 - present : Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam... no more moving around... yayyy~

but i did transfer schools a lot!

1990 : Tadika Nurul Iman, Chukai... for 1 day only... i was 4... don't wanna go to kindergarten yet! hehehe...
1991 : Tadika Kemas, Chukai... Tadika Kemas, Kuala Terengganu (where i stayed with my grandparents for a month or 2... but my parents missed me so much, so they took me back to stay with them... hahaha...)... Tadika Nurul Iman again...
1993 - 1996 : Sekolah Rendah Sultan Ismail, Chukai (now Sekolah Kebangsaan Sultan Ismail)
1997 : SK Taman Tun Dr Ismail (1) for half a year... then transferred to SK Taman Tun Dr Ismail (2) and sat for UPSR in 1998 there...
automatically after UPSR, my name should be on the list to enroll to SMK Taman Tun Dr. Ismail... but since i already moved to Shah Alam...
1999 : SMK Sec 11 (for an hour or 2... boleh?)... SMK Taman Sri Muda for a few weeks... after raya, transferred to SM Sains Kota Tinggi, Johor...
mid 2002 : transferred to SMK Sec 9, Shah Alam... sat for SPM end for 2003... :)

berapa sekolah tu?? i lost count... macam orang buangan je~! isk3!

Universities?? only 2 for now... :)

2004 : MARA University of Technology (UiTM), Shah Alam -- Diploma in Pharmacy
2008 : Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia -- Sarjana Farmasi... until present...
more is yet to come! muahahahaha... insyaAllah...

wah~ entry ni macam nak isi borang kerja plak! ngee~



kesimpulannya: now, when people asks me "asal mana?" or "where from?", i will proudly answer, "Shah Alam, dowh~" V(^^) (minus the "dowh~" laa~ gila ke?? hahaha...)








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

.: atirah :. said...

errr~ what kind of assignment is dat?? ngee~